Canon's EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens is an update to a popular focal length, often the only wide-angle lens carried by a photographer. It's a terrific travel lens that gives you great flexibility, useful for everything from landscapes to interiors. A 74° angle of coverage will let you capture beautiful portraits and candids as well. You can focus down to 9" for a dramatic, unusual perspective. Optical Image Stabilizer technology allows you to shoot at shutter speeds as much as 4 stops slower than usual, giving you a tremendous edge in low-light photography.
A ring-type USM and advanced CPU with optimized AF algorithms deliver faster autofocusing, superb image quality and enhanced performance characteristics that are ideal for a wide range of photographic applications. Aspherical lens elements help improve image quality on the periphery and lens coatings help minimize ghosting and flare. A 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds (bokeh). It's a great lens to go with any EOS DSLR camera, for shooting stills or video.
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to 4 shutter speed stops of correction.
- Ring USM, high-speed CPU, and optimized AF algorithms for fast autofocusing.
- Full-time manual focus for manual adjustment while in AF mode.
- Aspherical lens elements improve peripheral image quality.
- Circular diaphragm (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Silent and smooth operation makes it suitable for video shooting.
- Minimum focusing distance: 9"
- Compact design.
|Fixed Focal Lengths:||28mm|