The EF 35mm f/2.0 IS USM Standard Prime Lens from Canon adds hybrid Image Stabilization (IS) to a rear focusing system and ring-type Ultra Sonic Motor (USM) for not only quick and quiet autofocus, but steadier shots in low-light conditions. Optimized lens coatings help ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting, and full-time access to manual focus is provided while in autofocus (AF) mode allowing you to quickly switch between the two as you need them.
The lens' ring-type Ultra Sonic Motor (USM), rear focusing system, and high-speed CPU--with optimized AF algorithms--ensure that you experience quick, quiet and precise autofocusing whenever you need it. Its circular eight bladed diaphragm gives pleasing, soft background effects, and a Glass Molded (GMo) aspherical lens element ensures you'll have higher image quality and performance out to the edges of the frame.
Adjust focus using either autofocus (AF), or full-time manual focus, without having to switch modes or change camera settings. To enhance accurate and sharp focus this lens has hybrid Image Stabilization (IS) built-in which detects normal shooting or panning, and automatically switches to the optimal stabilization mode for each type. It also allows for shooting in darker environments, and lowering shutter speeds up to four stops, than you otherwise could get without IS.
- Hybrid Image Stabilization (IS)
- Canon's Hybrid IS provides four stops of effective shutter speed compensation for both types of camera shake when shooting macro photography: angular and shift. This means you can shoot in dimmer conditions, capturing images with shutter speeds up to four stops slower than would otherwise be possible.
- Glass Molded Aspherical Element (GMo)
- A single Glass Molded (GMo) aspherical lens element achieves high image quality with improved performance in the edges of the lens.
- Rear Focusing & Ultra Sonic Motor (USM)
- A ring-type USM, high-speed CPU with optimized AF algorithms, and rear-focusing system combine to enable silent and fast autofocusing to help you focus right on the action.
- Full-Time Manual Focus in AF Mode
- With this lens, you have access to full-time manual focus for manual adjustment even while in AF mode.
- Micro‐Stepping Drive Aperture
- The construction of the aperture mechanism uses micro-stepping drive control for quieter operation during each shot.
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 9.48"
- This lens has a minimum focusing distance of 9.48" (24 cm).
- 8x Circular Diaphragm Blades
- With eight circular blades, the lens' diaphragm delivers very pleasant, soft bokeh background effects.
|Fixed Focal Lengths:||35mm|