Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: SW100000953
The Olympus 12-60mm f/2.8-4 ED SWD Zuiko Zoom Lens is a high-performance digital specific standard zoom lens that provides the ideal focal length for general purpose use. It offers an equivalent focal length in 35mm terms of 24-120mm.
The lens' autofocus is powered by Olympus' innovative SWD focusing technology. SWD combines different technologies to provide both high speed and high precision autofocusing, while allowing the lens to be operated with lower noise than before. Optimized for use with the new E-3, this lens enables the camera to demonstrate the full power of its high-speed capability, providing extremely fast focusing.
Special optical glass elements are used to correct various types of aberrations, while the 100% digital design ensures high-definition performance with clear, crisp images from edge to edge. This lens also boasts impressive close-up shooting capability, allowing users to shoot from as close as 9.8" throughout the entire zoom range.
- Supersonic Wave Drive Technology
- SWD technology has enabled an ultra-fast, whisper-quiet, high-precision AF system. Two compact, high-powered SWD devices power autofocus at an ultra-high speed by exciting unique elliptical oscillations, while an ultra-compact 5.3mm x 4.3mm optical encoder detects and controls the lens drive position using direct rotation detection without reduction gear. This enables it to achieve a level of precision that's accurate to 5 microns (5/1000 mm). When used in combination with the new E-3, which offers improved AF computation and lens-body communication rates, the SWD motors provide the fastest focusing speed of approximately 170 ms (0.17 seconds).
- High Optical Quality
- Features 1 Super ED lens element, 2 ED elements, 1 Aspherical ED element, and 2 Aspherical elements, to correct for various types of aberrations.
- Internal Focus
- Internal Focus system makes focusing smoother and faster.
|Zoom Focal Lengths:||12-60mm|