Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
- Order number: SWSI20050028.0
The Sigma 200-500mm f/2.8 EX DG APO IF Lens is a massive ultra-telephoto zoom lens that offers an impressive fast f/2.8 aperture throughout its entire zoom range, all the way up to 500mm. Combined with the included dedicated high-quality 2x teleconverter, this lens can be converted for use as a 400-1000mm f/5.6 lens. Now combine this with an APS-C sized digital SLR camera, and you're looking at approximately a 300-750mm f/2.8, or a 600-1500mm f/5.6 (with 2x teleconverter) lens.
This lens covers the widely used 200 to 500mm focal length range, and maintains its fast f/2.8 aperture over its entire zoom range. SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass and three ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion) glass elements provide excellent correction for all type of aberrations, and assure a high level of optical performance throughout its entire zoom range.
Shooting distance and focal length are displayed on the lens' LCD panel, which is almost a necessity with a lens of this size. In addition, a dedicated BP-21 Li-ion battery is used to power-assist the zooming and AF operation. This battery is built into the lens barrel.
- SLD element and three ELD glass elements provide high image quality from the maximum large aperture
- Green rubberized protective barrel, ideal for outdoor use
- Connects directly to a tripod head. The camera can be rotated by unlocking the rear lens barrel and rotating it with the camera attached. The lens has multiple tripod sockets, both 1/4"-20 and 3/8" sizes.
- A 72mm filter, including a rotating polarizer, can be inserted into the drop-in filter holder at the rear of the lens.