The Pentax SMCP-DA* 16-50mm f/2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Lens is a high-quality bright f/2.8 lens designed exclusively for use with digital SLR cameras. This lens brings together advanced optical technologies, including aspherical elements, special optical-glass elements, and original lens coatings. It offers a versatile ultra-wide to medium-telephoto zoom range, and can be used as the ideal standard zoom lens in a wide variety of applications, including landscape, snapshot and portrait.
Pentax DA* (DA-Star) zoom lenses come equipped with the SDM System, which assures smoother, quieter auto-focusing operation by using a built-in supersonic motor. When mounted on the K10D digital SLR camera body, the focus mode is automatically switched to SDM-assisted auto-focusing. When mounted on older Pentax digital SLR camera bodies, the conventional autofocus mode using a camera-mounted motor is selected.
Note! Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras.
- Ultra-Wide to Medium-Telephoto
- Equivalent focal length of 24mm-76mm in 35mm format, when used with digital SLR cameras.
- High Optical Performance
- Two ED elements and 3 aspherical elements compensate for chromatic and spherical aberration.
- Exclusive Digital Design
- The image circle of the lens has been created to match the smaller image recording area of digital SLR cameras. This ensures precise optical performance ideally suited to the camera's digital imaging characteristics.
- SP Coating
- SP (Super Protective) coating made of a special fluoride compound has been applied to the front surface of the new lens through the use of a unique evaporation process. As a result, the lens offers excellent water- and oil-repellant performance and makes for easier cleaning should the lens be accidentally smeared with fingerprints or cosmetics.
- Weather- & Dust-Resistant Construction
- DA* series lenses feature tightly sealed, weather-resistant and dust-resistant construction to enhance durability for use in rain or at dusty locations.
- Quick-Shift Focus System
- The Quick-Shift Focus System allows to instantly shift to manual focus once the subject is captured by AF.
- Updated Lens Mount
- Features the Pentax KAF2 mount, which incorporates additional electrical contacts to drive a built-in supersonic motor used in autofocusing operation.
|Zoom Focal Lengths:||16-50mm|